One study was conducted in the Yorkshire, which had about 4000 obese participants, who were separated in 6 different groups.
- Heavy-drinking males – in this category were men who had little problems because of obesity, but they consumed excess amounts of alcohol.
- Affluent and healthy elderly – here were people who had good health, but with high blood pressure and higher alcohol consummation.
- Poorest health – these were people who were economically deprived, and who suffered from numerous chronic diseases.
- Young healthy females – these were women who suffered from several problems linked to obesity– like diabetes type 2.
- Unhappy and anxious middle-aged – these were mostly women who had bad mental health and wellbeing.
- Physically sick but happy older people – these were older people with some chronic problems like osteoarthritis, but good mental health.
In this study, the experts investigated numerous factors that can be the cause for obesity, which is very important in finding the correct treatment for this problem.
The distribution of body fat is divided into two types – gynoid and android.
Here is the explanation of PositiveMed:
- More men than women have the ‘android’ fat distribution and that’s why it is called like that. it also concerned the body type called ‘apple’ – when the waist is bigger than the hips.