Potol or Parwal is one of the not so popular vegetables among many. But the truth is this humble vegetable is extremely delicious, and the texture of this dish is amazing. This dry Parwal Sabzi Bengali style makes a delicious side dish for your everyday meals recipes.
Serve Bengali Potol Bhaja along with Dal Chingri and Steamed Rice for weekday lunch or dinner.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Bengali recipes such as
- Kosha Mangsho Recipe
- Bengali Style Shaak Bhaja Recipe
- Bandhakopir Ghonto Recipe
- 250 grams Pointed gourd (Parval)
- 1/2 cup Mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
Directions for Bengali Potol Bhaja Recipe (Bengali Style Parwal Sabzi)
- To begin making the Bengali Potol Bhaja recipe, wash and pat dry parwal well. Slit into half length wise.
- In a bowl, add salt and turmeric powder, mix well.
- Generously rub the turmeric salt mixture all over the parwal. Heat mustard oil in a pan. Fry parwal until browned on all side.
- Remove from pan and serve hot.
- Serve Bengali Potol Bhaja along with Dal Chingri and Steamed Rice for weekday lunch or dinner.
If you loved this recipe then please feel free to share by clicking one of the share button below.