The main purpose of coughing is to clear secretions, irritant, microbes and foreign particles from the large passages. If it wasn’t for this natural reflex, out bodies would have been prone to many airborne diseases. Furthermore, coughing protects us from deadly particles in our surroundings.
However, coughs are annoying and if they become chronic they are painful as well.
Sometimes they are stubborn, and treating them takes quite a time.
Did you know that some cough lozenges act as a delivery system for medications that you may not even need?
Several (over the counter) cough lozenges have substances that reduce congestion in a chemical way and affect the heart rate directly.
Dextromethorphan, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, and ephedrine reduce cough symptoms but when they interact with other medications they can cause some serious side effects.
So what alternatives are there for soothing and calming all types of irritating coughs?
Take a look at this pure and natural cough drop that tastes and works great as its ingredients boost your immunity and speed up the process of recovery.
- Coconut oil – 100 ml
- Raw organic honey – 100 g
- Ceylon cinnamon – a pinch
- Whip the coconut oil until it becomes frothy.
- Pour the honey slowly to create a thick paste.
- Add the cinnamon (according to your taste)
- Put the mixture into empty ice cube trays and leave them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Put them in a glass mason jar and store them in the fridge for 2 months.
- Feel free to use these daily as prevention.
Ingredient health benefits:
- Coconut oil contains lauric acid that kills bad bacteria, viruses and fungi thus protecting from future infections.
- Honey also has antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal characteristics that have the power to fight and soothe colds.
- Honey can cleanse your liver too, as well as providing intestinal health and lowering the respiratory system’s inflammation which makes you breathe easier even with a cold.
- Coconut oil has the power to decrease blood pressure, protect from high cholesterol levels and induce the absorption of minerals in the bones.
Source: Health Online Central
Please do share this useful information with your friends and family by hitting one of the share buttons below.