Is double chin spoiling all your selfies lately? Do you want to get rid of it? Here are the best exercises that can help you to slim down that extra face bulge.
Double Chin is a layer of subcutaneous fat below the person’s chin which appears like a second chin. Double chins are often caused due to the aging or a weight gain. As we get older our skin loses it’s elasticity which leads to sagging skin under the chin. Sagging skin also occurs when we gain a too much of weight due to inactive lifestyle. For some people, double chins can be genetic.
No matter what causes the double chin, you need to get rid of it. You can eliminate your double chin through surgical procedures but they can be painful and expensive. It is always better to try out these simple double chin exercises before you spend money on the expensive and drastic surgical procedure.
Below are the best double chin exercises that will tone up the loose skin around the neck area. Remember that you need to do them on a regular basis for the best results.
DOUBLE CHIN EXERCISES
1. Open your mouth – This is the most effective exercise where in you open your mouth as wide as you can and stick your tongue out as far as you can. Now try to touch your chin with your tongue. Hold for 10 seconds and repeat 5-10 times. When doing this exercise, you will feel that your chin and neck muscles are tightening.
2. Hanging head – Lie on a bed with your head hanging over the edge. Lift your chin towards your chest. Hold the flexing for 10 seconds and then slowly lower your head to the starting position. Repeat 5-10 times then relax.
3. Chin lifts – This exercise can help you to tone up the muscles of the jaw, neck and throat.
Stand or sit with your back straight. Raise your chin toward the ceiling and hold your lips in a puckered position as if you wanted to kiss the ceiling and hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 5-10 times.
4.Neck Roll – Stand or sit with the spine upright. Turn your head to the side until your chin touches your shoulder. Now slowly roll your head downward until your chin is resting on your chest, then up to the other shoulder. Repeat 5-10 times.
5. Platysma exercise – Platysma is the muscle that runs down from your jaw to your shoulder.
Stand or sit with your neck erect. Tighten the tendons in your jaw by pulling your lips up over your teeth and turning the corners of your mouth downward, almost as if you were frowning.
Hold for 10 seconds, then relax. Repeat the exercise 5-10 times.
6. Tennis ball exercise – Place a tennis ball against your throat and hold it there with your chin. Press your chin against the ball tightly, then slightly release. Repeat 5-10 times.
If you found this post useful, Please do share it with your family and friends by clicking the share button below.