Here is an easy way to make a crunchy and spicy masala peanuts.
Masala Peanuts is a common snack that can be made instantly while watching a good movie, during tea time or while enjoying a family time. The peanuts roasted with a delicious mix of spices is very addictive. The recipe is very simple to make but very versatile. You can add in different spices, sauces as per your creativity and taste. Here is a simple microwave recipe perfect for bachelors.
Peanuts (unroasted) – 1 cup
Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp (or to taste)
Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 spring
Oil – 1 tblsp
1. Take the peanuts in a microwave safe bowl. Cook on micro power high for 1 minute.
2. Add the oil, red chilly powder, salt, chaat masala, garam masala, curry leaves and mix.
3. Microwave again for 2 minutes stirring after every 30 sec.
4. Let it rest for 5 minutes. The peanuts will continue to cook and become crispy.
(Every microwave is different so keep a careful watch while cooking. It may take a little less or more time than specified here.)
5. Enjoy this instant snack any time of the day with a cup of tea or soda. Some people serve this as a side dish for rice with pulikulambu.
Enjoy this instant snack with a cup of tea and don’t forget to share this crunchy recipe with your friends and family!!!