A quality veggie burger with all the trimmings can really hit the spot. This recipe creates a satisfying burger, with a good texture and plenty of flavor.
1 onion, finely sliced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 beetroot, grated
1/2 courgette, grated
100g vegan mince (if frozen, thaw first)
1/2 pepper, finely sliced
1 tsp mixed herbs
2 cloves garlic, crushed
30g sunflower seeds
150g kidney beans, lightly mashed
30g bread crumbs
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp hot chilli sauce
A splash of tabasco sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp plain flour
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Fry the onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil.
2. Place the grated beetroot and courgette onto paper towels and press out as much liquid as you can (this will prevent a soggy burger).
3. In a large bowl add the rest of the ingredients, except the oil, and season well. The mixture should be fairly dry and easy to press together into burger shapes. If it’s still a little wet add more flour.
4. Place the burgers onto a tray lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for one hour.
5. Carefully place the burgers onto the barbecue grill and allow them to cook slowly on a gentle heat. Brush them with a little oil from time to time.
6. Turn after 10 minutes and cook on the other side.
You can make beetroot and chilli burgers at home, please do like and share this fantastic recipe with your friends and family!!!