One of the commonest health issues is the coughing. Whenever a blockage or irritant appears in your throat or in the upper air passages, your brain thinks that some foreign item is present and tells your body to cough to eliminate that element. Coughing can also be a result of a common cold, a viral infection, a flu, or smoking and health problems like tuberculosis, asthma or lung cancer.
Signs and symptoms of a cough are chest pain, itchy throat, and congestion. Do not use over-the-counter cough syrups, but try instead some natural remedies that are available and present in your kitchen.
These are the top ten of the remedies:
This herb has therapeutic effects on cough, especially if we talk about a dry one.
- Put half a cup of water in a boiling pot and heat it, and then add a teaspoon of turmeric powder in it. You should also add a teaspoon of black pepper, to enhance the effects. You can even add cinnamon sticks if you want. Let all these boil around two-three minutes and add a tablespoon of honey. Drink this beverage every day until the condition improves.
- You can also make an herbal tea. You just need to add a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a teaspoon of carom seeds to a cup of water and boil everything until the water reduces to half a cup. Add some honey to the tea and drink it twice or thrice a day.
- Yyou can roast a turmeric root and then grind it into a smooth powder, mix it with some water and honey and drink this beverage two times daily.
One of the best known cures for cough is the ginger.
- Slice a piece of fresh ginger and then crush the slices, put them in a cup of water and bring the water to a boil. Have this solution three or four times per day and you will feel your sore throat is slowly relieving, as well as the congestion and the cough. You can improve its taste and effect by adding some honey and lemon juice.
- You can take fresh, raw ginger and chew it on and off during the day in order to reduce the cough.
Lemons are good for treating cough, since they have effects of reducing inflammation and providing a great amount of vitamin C, known to fight infections.
- Make a cough syrup by mixing two tablespoons of lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey. Drink this syrup a few times a day.
- You can also blend some lemon juice with some honey and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Drink this solution until your cough is gone.
This herb is a powerful antibiotic and antimicrobial and can help you treat coughs.
- Take two or three cloves of garlic and boil them in a cup of water. Then, add a teaspoon of oregano and let it cool to room temperature, then add some honey to it and consume it. It will make the breathing easier and alleviate other cough symptoms.
- Crush a clove of garlic and combine it with several drops of clove oil and some honey. You should also use garlic in your meals.
The simplest way to reduce coughing is by cutting onions. Inhaling the string vapors is beneficial for stopping the coughing.
- You can prepare a cough syrup by combining baked onion juice, honey and comfrey tea. Drink this syrup every day to get rid of the dry cough.
- You can also mix a half of teaspoon of onion juice and a teaspoon of pure, organic honey. Take this solution twice a day or more and improve the condition of your throat.
Hot milk with honey
Hot milk and honey, especially when combined, can relieve the dry cough and reduce the pain in the chest you might experience when you cough continuously. It is best for you to drink it before you go to bed. If you want to benefit additionally from the honey, swallow a teaspoon of plain honey before meals. It will aid in clearing the mucus and soothing your throat.
Cayenne is beneficial for reducing the chest pain which is a result of continuous coughing and for warming and stimulating.
- Prepare yourself a healthy cough syrup by combining one fourth of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, one tablespoon of honey, one fourth teaspoon of ground ginger, two tablespoons of water and one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
Have this syrup twice to thrice per day.
Carrots are rich in nutrients and vitamins beneficial for relieving different symptoms of cough
- Take four to five carrots, make a fresh juice out of them and add some water to dilute it. You can also add a teaspoon of honey to it.
Drink this juice three or four times per day until you get better.
Grapes act as expectorant and the release the mucus from the affected parts of the system of respiration. The faster you eliminate the mucus, the faster your throat condition will improve. You can consume the grapes fresh or you can make a fresh grape juice. It would be even better if you consume the grape juice with a spoonful of honey.
Almonds have some nutritional features that make them essential for healing the symptoms of cough.
- Soak 5-6 almonds in some water and leave them like that for about 8-10 hours.
- Make a paste from the soaked almonds and add a teaspoon of butter to it.
- Consume this mixture 3-4 times per day until you get rid of the symptoms.
These home remedies will help you get rid of the different cough symptoms without any side effects that the pills and the syrups have. However, if your coughing still does not stop, go and see your doctor.
Source: HEALTHY FOOD ADVICE