Learn how to prepare delicious and tasty cabbage soup.
To prepare this soup all you need is some fresh cabbage, onions, canned tomatoes, and a few spices. Of course with so few ingredients the quality of the soup relies on the quality of your ingredients.
Ingredients [ Serves 3]
Chopped Cabbage – 2 Cups
Onion – 1 [medium]
Minced Garlic – 1 tsp
Olive Oil – 1 tsp
Clove – 1
Cinnamon Stick – 1/2” piece
Vegetable Stock Cube – 1 [optional]
Water – 4-5 Cups
Salt & Pepper – To taste
1. Chop cabbage and onion, mince or grate garlic.
2. In a pressure cooker or pan heat oil add garlic and onion and sauté until translucent.
3. Add clove, cinnamon, cabbage and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Now add salt, vegetable stock cube (if using) and 1 cup water and cook for 1 whistler or until cabbage becomes soft and cooked if using pan.
5. Allow to cool and then discard clove and cinnamon pieces.
6. Transfer everything to blender or mixer, add 2 cups water and blend until smooth.
7. Bring back everything to pan again and add water 1-2 cups if required. Add pepper and adjust salt. Bring it to boil.
Serve warm and relish.