Turmeric is notorious for its health benefits. Turmeric has been used in Chinese and Indian medicines as an anti-inflammatory to treat several conditions including flatulence, jaundice, menstrual difficulties, bloody urine, hemorrhage, toothache, bruises, chest pain and colic. Its bright yellow hue, curcumin, is thought to be the main healing property in turmeric. The strength of turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties have been compared to over the counter medicines such as Motrin. Unlike many pharmaceuticals, turmeric produces no side effects.
Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties have been used as treatment for inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) such as Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis. It’s also been shown to relieve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Turmeric has been shown to help sufferers of cystic fibrosis. Turmeric is a great way to prevent cancer, and inhibit cancer cell growth and metastasis (cancer spread).Turmeric is also great for liver and cardiovascular health. It lowers bad cholesterol, reducing the risk of stroke and heart disease. Lastly, turmeric helps protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
With a list of benefits like that, it’s no wonder we love turmeric so much!
Here are a few more ways to use turmeric:
- Chemical Free Tie-dye– fill a pot ¾ of the way with water and 5 tbsp turmeric. Bring to boil, and simmer. Add desired fabric, wet, into the pot and allow to simmer in pot for an hour or less depending on how strong you want your color. Allow to dry and enjoy!
- Face Mask for Acne, Rosacea, and Dark Circles– take 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp raw honey, and 1 tsp water. Mix together and alter ingredients until it forms a paste that will stick to your face. Apply to clean dry skin and allow sit for 3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Antacid– 4 cups of boiling water and 1 tsp of turmeric together create a healing tea to cure heartburn
- Natural Pain Killer
- Natural Food Coloring in Baking– Forgo the yellow #5 for the natural alternative. A little goes a long way
- Teeth Whitener– Combine 3 tablespoons of softened coconut oil, 2 teaspoons baking soda, and 1 teaspoon turmeric to create a paste. Mix together until it creates a creamy paste and use with a dry toothbrush
- Glowing skin– combine 1 whisked egg white, ½ tsp lemon juice, and ⅓ tsp turmeric. Apply to face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse well.
- Homemade Putty Coloring for Kids– Mix flour, water, salt, oil, and cream of tartar. Add Turmeric to create yellow, beets for red, and other natural sources for the rest!
- Foundation– add turmeric to tinted moisturizer to match your skin tone.
- Homemade Soap Coloring– adds color AND skin-friendly benefits
- Anti-Dandruff Salve– Mix turmeric and coconut oil together and massage into scalp, leaving on for 15 minutes, rinsing thoroughly
- Joint Pain– Mixing one part Himalayan salt with two parts turmeric and add water (just enough to make it spreadable). Spread on affected area and leave on for twenty minutes to an hour, once per day. It may dye your skin temporarily yellow, but it will help reduce swelling.
- Longevity Tea– the list of benefits mentioned at the beginning are a great reason to drink this tea. Same recipe as antacid relief. Add ginger and/or honey to taste
- Add to your dishes (duh)– turmeric is great for adding color to your curry, health benefits to your eggs, and spicing up your popcorn. Add it to everything!
- Bake a cake– Find the recipe here or here.
- Soothe Stomach Ache– turmeric has been used to aid achy bellies for aeons.
- Disinfect Minor Cuts and Wounds– After washing cut, sprinkle turmeric on wound before applying bandage
- Sunburn relief– mix with aloe vera gel to relieve pain caused by burnt skin
If you want to read this kind of information please like our facebook page