Here Are Top 5 Health Benefits of Fenugreek!
• Fenugreek and diabetes – In clinical trials, fenugreek seed reduced fasting blood sugar levels in patients with both type 1 (insulin dependent) and type 2 (insulin resistant) diabetes. In an Indian study, diabetic patients were given fenugreek seed powder for a period of ten days. These patients showed significantly reduced fasting blood sugar levels and improved glucose tolerance.
• Fenugreek and digestion – When fenugreek seeds are eaten, they release mucilage, creating a soothing effect on the digestive organs. This mucilage forms a protective coating on the lining of the stomach and intestine, reducing gastric inflammation, reflux and heartburn.
• Fenugreek relieves skin inflammation – Research has shown that fenugreek is an effective topical treatment for skin problems such as abscesses, boils, burns, eczema and gout.
• Fenugreek relieves fever and eases flu symptoms – Fenugreek has traditionally been used to reduce fever and relieve flu symptoms. The seeds are often combined with honey and lemon to make a soothing tea.
• Fenugreek may help prevent cancer – Some studies suggest that diogenin, found in fenugreek, may have anti-carcinogenic properties. Fenugreek is also effective as an antioxidant and free radical scavenger.