There are a number of pharmacological treatments nowadays for various ailments, but in the past people treated ailments only with what was available in nature. Normally, people were eager to try new and advanced treatments when they became available.
This is not a bad thing, however, there are countless plants which are natural and available and these plants are as or more effective than the treatments which the doctors prescribe. One of these plants is mint, and it can be used in a number of ways.
1. Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a condition which affects the intestines and causes diarrhea or constipation. Those who suffer from this have painful attacks, cramps, bloating and pain in the stomach. To naturally relieve the IBS symptoms you should use mint. Add fresh mint to your salad, your tea or soup. Peppermint helps digestion and eases gas pains.
2. Mint is a potent antioxidant and it is added to candy and gum. Chewing fresh mint can be very beneficial, and it can help the body fight the spread of cancer. Mint can also treat and prevent allergies and calm an upset stomach.
3. Tuberculosis or TB is a very serious lung disease. There was a point when tuberculosis cases were not common in developed countries. However, HIV weakens the immune system thus preventing the body to fight TB. By inhaling peppermint oil one can reduce inflammation and prevent recurrence of the disease .You can add a mixture of fresh mint, honey and vinegar to fruit juice.
4. Mint is very useful for healing and preventing pimples, and also it helps with the acne scars. Apply crushed mint leaves to the face in order to fade imperfections. A mixture of mint and oats makes a perfect exfoliating mask.
5. Oddly, mint can help with the memory. Studies have shown that fresh mint, chewed or in tea, helped with some cognitive issues and increased energy and alertness.
6. Mint reduces nausea from chemotherapy. Compared to other treatments for this, mint is cheaper and more effective. You can chew the mint or add it to some foods or liquids.
7. Mint can soothe the migraine pain and a headache as well. You need to crush leaves from fresh mint and then massage the oil on the temples and forehead or inhale the scent.
8. Mint eases stress. The mint oil can be energizing and cooling. Rub some of the oil on your body or put it in a warm bath for an immediate relief. You can also put the oil on fire and relax by smelling it.
9. Fresh peppermint oil is very beneficial for your teeth. Add dry and crushed mint to your toothpaste for whitening the teeth and freshening the breath.
10. Mint oil can soothe respiratory issues and coughs. Rub crushed fresh mint on your chest or inhale it.
If you found this post useful, Please do share it with family and friends by clicking the share below.