YOU GOT STUNG BY JELLYFISH? THIS IS THE BEST FIRST AID IN SUCH SITUATION!

Loading...

We all enjoy swimming in the sea during the summer period, but this carefree swimming could be ruined in a few seconds just by one touch of jellyfish. Luckily there is a solution for this!

YOU GOT STUNG BY JELLYFISH THIS IS THE BEST FIRST AID IN SUCH SITUATION

Jellyfish have form of a bell or umbrella and could be found in the marine waters although during the summer period they could be found in the vicinity of swimmers. Just a small touch of this creature could be really painful. It has poison that makes the skin red and causes pain as the one caused by burns.

You should remember that if this happens to you, you should not panic. Just get out of the water and do not touch the red spot because you can rub the poison further into your body. Instead wash the stung with sea water in order to wash the rays off the skin. Don’t touch the rays with bare hands and don’t put alcohol or fresh water over it! Apply vinegar or lemon juice on it immediately to sooth the blisters. Since you are on the beach and you probably don’t have these 2 ingredients with you it is good for you to know that your urine has the same effect. It is not pleasant to urinate over your skin at all but it will really help you.

Extra Tips!

  • You can wrap some ice cubes in a cloth and place them over the affected area. This will reduce the swelling.
  • Saline solution can help you a lot too, it will relive you from the pain and the visible symptoms will disappear.
  • You should use creams containing analgesic.
  • In case the symptoms do not go away even after several hours you should go to the hospital.

Personal Experiences

People who had this painful experience know best what helps the most. We asked some of them and one of the respondents said that an ordinary detergent helped him a lot, he repeated the procedure several times and the stinging disappeared.

Another girl claimed cilantro oil to be very effective for this issue. And the third respondent said that he used honey. According to him applying a thin layer of honey over the affected area and covering it with gauze is the most effective method. You should repeat the procedure until all the symptoms disappear.

Source: HEALTHY LIFE BASE

Loading...

If you think this post was useful, Please do share it with your family and friends by clicking the share button below.

Loading...
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Next post:

Previous post: