I am sure you all would be enjoying chilling days & nights in Winter as much as I do. That long night sleep, remaining dormant for weeks, just amazingly nice feeling in winter. But is your skin feeling good about the winter as you do ?
If no, you would be wondering why ? That’s because winter is a season that’s not considered to be skin friendly if you are not cautious about it. Not to worry buddies, here I am for your rescue. Following are some tips to maintain your skin health in winter:
Image Source: newu
1) Drink water:
First & foremost tip I would suggest it to hydrate your skin from by drinking lots & lots of water. You must carry a bottle with you when you go outside. Herbal tea with ginger is also great when it’s really cold. You can also drink fruit juices. Your skin will have a healthy glow & lustre. So drink fluids and don’t let your skin feel thirsty.
2) Scrub: A good scrub and facial exfoliant can help remove dead skin cells from your body. Dead skin looks very bad, as you know. You must add this scrubing to your cleansing routine weekly. This will surely make you feel fresh and in addition, your skin will be free from all that old dry cells. Now your skin is all set to be moisturized!
Image Source: vivafifty
3) Moisturize your skin: This is one of the most important step of all as I reckon. You can choose any of the moisturizer that are being marketed across the globe. Just be carefull that the mosturizer you choose is friendly to your skin or it may result in skin allergy. Choose that comes in ointment form & contains atleat 70% of oil. Other creams & lotions may tend to dry out the skin rather than keep it moisturized and soft.
4) No hair/blow driers: Avoid using hair driers/blow driers in winter as its not going to do any good to you & your scalp. It will dry out the skin of your scalp & also irritate your skin. Consequently it results in steep increase in dandruff. I am sure you will not like it.
5) Sunscreen: Ya, you read it right; sunscreen. It is very prevalent belief that sunscreens should be used only in summers, but that’s not true. You must continue using sunscreen lotions in winter too. Apply a sunscreen having SPF of 15 or more. Nowadays, sunscreen with SPF 21 are also available. another alternative is to choose a product that combines a sunscreen with a moisturizer.
What is SPF ?
SPF means Sun Protection Factor which is calculated using this equation.
Take the time you would normally burn in the sun without protection, 20 minutes will normally produce redness on a light skinned individual.
Multiply this number by the SPF of your product. Example: with an SPF 15 x 20 minutes of sun time = 300 … is how many minutes you can stay in the sun without burning. 300 minutes divided by 1 hour of 60 minutes = 5 hours of sun protection without a sunburn.
6) Use Gloves: You can avoid exposing your hands to cold by wearing full/half hand gloves. But choose these gloves wisely. If your is irritant to wool, use cotton hand gloves & vice versa. It helps keeping your hands warm.
7) Massage: You can massage your whole body with oil. Jujube oil will be idle for it. You can also use Til oil. If you use Til oil, just heat it a bit & then use it.
Have a healthy winter.
If you found this information useful please feel free to share by clicking one of the share button below.