Energy bars are so great for a quick, convenient, on-the-go breakfast or snack, but they’re not so great for those of us who are vigilant about what we put in our bodies. After all, how do we really know what’s in them?
An easy answer— by making them ourselves! It’s easier and faster than we ever would have thought, thanks to this recipe for no-bake, make-ahead bites that even have a little touch of chocolate. Watch how easily they come together.
Banana Oat Energy Bites
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond butter (or peanut butter, or your favorite nut butter)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash up the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the rolled oats, almond butter, honey, miniature chocolate chips and cinnamon.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a 1-inch ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, allowing the oats enough time to soften.
- Store the energy bites in the refrigerator.
So simple, so tasty, so energizing! What do you think? Which other energy oat variations would you like to see?