So if your hips feel tight during squats, lunges, or deadlifts, try adding the butt exercises below into your fitness routine. All of them are good options for people with tight hips, allowing you to perform the exercises with good form and maximize your results.Plus, you do not need a gym for them.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat.
- Lift your hips about 6 inches, then slowly lower, pausing just above the floor, for 1 rep.
- Do 12 reps.
Tip: If you have one, squeeze a soft, non-weighted ball between your knees during this move.
Single-leg chair squat
- Sit in a chair with your arms at your chest.
- Raise your left leg out in front of you.
- Stand up out of the chair using your right leg (keep your left leg off the floor).
- Lower back to start for 1 rep.
- Do 12 reps on one leg, rest, then switch sides and repeat.