More and more people are opting for a vegan diet. In addition to it being animal-friendly, this lifestyle has much to offer your health. Eliminating animal-based foods from your diet can increase your energy levels and delay the look of ageing. Plant-based diets also decrease your risk of developing obesity, heart disease, diabetes, cancer and other health issues.
The following vegan recipe is both delicious and contains ingredients that are amazing for your health.
Avocado is a wonderful fruit known to satisfy many of our taste buds. It is a great food to crave as it is extremely beneficial to your health. Never in my life has my colon felt more cleansed than when incorporating regular helpings of avocado to my diet. In addition to improving digestion, avocado can do any one of the following:
- Maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce your risk of developing macular degeneration
- Reduce inflammation
- Lower risk of depression
- Lower risk of developing coronary heart disease, obesity and stroke
Avocados are a rich source of fibre, vital for healthy bowel movements and are packed with vitamin K, which is essential for maintaining healthy bones.
Coconut milk is a vegan alternative to milk that comes from cows. Not only is it a solution to your vegan diet, it is a solution to obesity. Consuming healthy fats, such as the fat found in coconut milk can curb your appetite and lead to weight loss.
Moreover, coconut milk contains lauric and capric acid. These saturated fatty acids have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. They are known destroy the bacteria that causes plaque formation in your arteries, which can lead to heart disease.
Cacao comes from cacao beans and is processed to form the basis of chocolate. It is rich in antioxidants and extremely beneficial to your health. The antioxidants found in cacao work to destroy free radicals that injure your cells and damage your body. When these free radicals build up, they can accelerate the look of ageing, cause heart disease and increase your risk of developing cancer. In addition, antioxidants have anti-inflammatory properties and can prevent blood clots.
This recipe is from thequirkyprincess.com and has been used with permission.
Mini Vegan Chocolate Mint Mousse
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
- 40g mint chocolate (such as Peppermint Nib’d by Zimt from Jules Wellness)
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 4tbsp cacao
- 3tbsp sweetener (for example: agave, maple syrup, organic cane sugar – you can add a little more or less according to your taste buds)
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- grated chocolate and strawberries (optional)
- In a bain-marie set the chocolate to melt.
- In a blender, add the avocado meat, coconut milk, cacao, sweetener and vanilla essence. Blend together until really smooth.
- Once the chocolate has melted, stir in the avocado mixture and beat them together well. Spoon into tall shot glasses with a teaspoon and put in the fridge for at least two hours.
- (Optional) Sprinkle some grated chocolate on the mousse and serve with strawberries on the side.
Source: Family Life Goals
Please do share this useful information with your friends and family by hitting one of the share buttons below.