Kitchen Equipments Required : oven, whisk/stirrer, bowl, a cake tin or bread loaf mould and butter/parchment paper
Unbleached flour : 1&1/2 cups
Oat flour : 1/2 cup
Sugar : 1&1/2 cups. I used 1&1/4 cups
Cocoa powder, Unsweetened : 1/2 cup full
Baking soda : 2 tsp. don’t use baking powder. Baking soda precisely.
Nonfat buttermilk : 1&1/2 cups. Find the recipe here
Water : 1/4 cup
Vanilla extract : 2 tsp
Salt : a small pinch
Walnuts or almonds, coarsely crushed for topping, if desired.
1. Use whole wheat flour : 2 cups instead of unbleached and oats flour.
2. Use 1/2 cup water because whole wheat flour is thicker.
1. Preheat the oven at 175 C and line the cake tin or bread mould with butter/parchment paper.
2. Combine the flours, salt, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda and stir to mix well. Stir in the buttermilk, water, and vanilla extract.
3. Pout the batter in the lined cake pan. Top with nuts.
4. Bake at 175 C for 30-35 minutes until the wooden toothpick comes out clean, when inserted in the center of the cake.
5. Cool the cake to room temperature. Apply the frosting and cut and serve.
Storage : I normally cut the cake when it is still slightly warm and store in lined box. It is good outside for 1 day but needs refrigeration after that.
Have a great weekend! Bake healthy and eat guilt free!