As much as I love the summer time, I truly hate paying for the cost of air conditioning. I mean, I would way rather spend that money on a good pair of shoes!
From easy yoga poses to dietary fixes, to the temperature of water when you shower, to new ways to utilize common household items, these tips will definitely keep you and your wallet very happy this summer.
10 Tips for beating the heat without the AC!
1. With your mouth slightly open, curl the sides of your tongue, like a taco shape. Breathe in through your curled tongue to cool the air. Then close your mouth and exhale through your nose. Repeat several times, breathing slowly. Do this anytime you want to stay cool.
2. Sit in a comfortable position with a straight spine. Extend your arms in front of you, palms face up. Then bend your elbows and draw your hands toward your face, as if you’re splashing yourself with water. Close your eyes and repeat several times, breathing slowly and deeply as you imagine you’re scooping up clear, cool water from a natural pool or water fall! (Studies show that just thinking cool thoughts can actually lower body temperature!).
3. Freeze a bottle of water and place it on a towel in front of a fan. This will cool the air without the mess of melting ice cubes.
4. Apply a dusting of corn starch on your upper thighs, under the edges of your bra and under your armpits to stay dry and comfortable.
5. Make lemon-juice ice cubes and add them to your bottle of water to keep it cool when you’re out and about. Add a few drops of liquid stevia for instant, calorie-free lemonade.
6. Be sure to use a glass or stainless steel container for your drinks. (I like to reuse quart-size juice bottles, but any glass jar will do) Avoid plastic or Styrofoam, which leech harmful chemicals, especially in warm weather.
7. Stick to salads and fruit for lighter, cooler meals. If you need to cook, do so at night or early in the morning before the temperatures rise. Cooking on the stove top will keep things cooler than turning on the oven.
8. Freeze a bag of rice (it keeps cold for a long while) and place that under your neck when going to bed.
9. Avoid taking a cold shower because your body will increase circulation in an attempt to regulate your body temperature. Tepid water is best.
10. Place a dab of Balm on the inside of your wrists and the backs of your knees. The menthol and eucalyptus provides a cooling effect. (But first, test for skin sensitivity and be sure wash your hands after applying).
These are the easy ways that you can use to beat the heat in the summer. If you found this post useful then please do like and share this post with your friends and family!!!