Litti Chokha is a very popular dish. Learn How To Make Litti Chokha by following this easy recipe.
• For The Litti Dough
• 250 gm Atta
• 100 gm Besan (Gram Flour)
• 5 gm Ajwain
• 5 gm Mangraila Salt (according to taste)
For The Litti Filling
• 250 gm Sattu (Roasted Gram Flour)
• 1 clove Garlic (finely chopped)
• 50 gm Ginger (finely chopped)
• 5 piece Green Chilies (finely chopped)
• ½ a bunch Cilantro (Dhaniya) Leaves
• ½ tsp Thyme (Ajwain)
• 2 tsp Lemon Juice
For the Chokha
• 1 piece big Brinjal (whole)
• Tomato 2 pieces (whole)
• Salt (according to taste)
• ½ tsp Mustard Oil
• 1 piece Onion (finely chopped)
• 2 piece Chilies (finely chopped)
How to make Litti Chokha:
• Mix atta and besan thoroughly. Add ajwain, mangaraila, salt and water.
• Knead into a soft dough and keep aside.
• Mix sattu with onion, garlic, lemon juice, dhaniya patta, green chilli and salt.
• Divide dough into medium size loyias. Put a little sattu mixture inside and make round balls.
• Grill these balls/littis in tandoor or cow-dung (goytha) fire.
• For the chokha grill brinjal and tomato. Peel, mash and mix together.
• Add green chilli, onion, salt and mustard oil.
• Mix thoroughly to make chokha.
• Serve with hot litti.
Litti Chokha is best served hot with a bowl of melted pure desi ghee.
If you like this traditional dish please share it with your friends and family!!!