No one wants to look old, but sadly, this is a part of our aging process. The good news is you can delay the inevitable. Believe it or not, the trick is right in front of you – or more specifically, in your kitchen.
By eating the right foods, you can actually solve most of the beauty concerns you may be having right now. So if you want to look and feel younger inside out, here are the foods you should add to your grocery list:
1. Coffee: It not only wakes you up in the morning, but also keeps you looking youthful. Coffee is rich in antioxidants that fight the toxins in the body. Plus, it stimulates your blood vessels, which helps in making your skin have an even look. According to the National Cancer Institute, drinking four cups of coffee can help fight melanoma or skin cancer.
2. Oatmeal: Another favorite part of morning routine, oatmeal is a breakfast food that can help you look younger. It has vitamin E that helps nourish your skin, fight free radicals that make you look older, and decrease damage from the sun. Oatmeal also has amino acids, which are essential in combatting aging. Make sure you choose non-processed oatmeal. Stay away from no-cook or instant oatmeal.
3. Mozzarella Cheese: This cheese as well as other foods that are high in calcium can help you have whiter teeth. When you can smile confidently, this can take 10 years off your face. Mozzarella can strengthen and protect your teeth enamel, while increasing saliva production.
4. Walnuts: Rich in omega-3s, eating walnuts every day can keep your skin moisturized, so you will never have to worry about wrinkles again.
5. Grapefruit: Along with citrus fruits, grapefruit is high in vitamin C, which helps in collagen development. Collagen is essential in preventing sagging skin.
6. Shiitake Mushrooms: If you have a problem with gray hair, here’s something that can help. Shiitake mushrooms have plenty of copper, which is one of the culprits as to why younger individuals get gray hair prematurely. Half a cup of this mushroom already gives you 71% of copper RDA and only has 40 calories.
7. Sweet Potatoes: Tanning can make you look older and is not really good for your skin if you keep on abusing it. The good news is that sweet potatoes can give you the same results without staying under the sun for several minutes. Get that sun-kissed complexion with sweet potatoes that are rich in carotenoids, which can give you that youthful glow you’ve been dreaming of.
Your diet can directly affect your appearance. Choose the right foods to help remove at least five years off of your face and keep other people guessing about your real age.
Source: Healthy Food Palace
Please do share this useful information with your friends and family by hitting one of the share buttons below.