Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Unripe jackfruit- 250gms (chopped)
Onions- 2 (chopped)
Tomatoes- 2 (chopped)
Ginger-garlic paste- 1tsp
Cumin powder- 1tsp
Turmeric powder- 1tsp
Red chilli powder- 1tsp
Dry mango powder- 1tsp
Salt- as per taste
Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
Oil- 1tbsp Oil- for deep frying
Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (chopped)
1. Wash the jackfruit pieces properly with water. Marinate the jackfruit pieces with salt and turmeric.
2. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan. Fry the jackfruit pieces for 5-6 minutes on a medium flame.
3. Once the jackfruit is cooked properly, transfer it to a plate and keep it aside.
4. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and add onions to it. Fry the onions on medium flame for about 3-4 minutes.
5. Then add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder and cook for 3-4 minutes.
7. After the masala is cooked properly, add the fried jackfruit pieces and garam masala powder to it. Mix well.
8. Add a little water and let the jackfruit cook on low flame for about 5-7 minutes.
9. Once done, switch off the flame and garnish the curry with chopped coriander leaves.
Image Source – http://world-crops.com/jackfruit/
Source – http://www.boldsky.com/cookery/vegetarian/maincourse/curries-dals/masaledar-kathal-curry-recipe-038853.html
Spicy and tangy masaledar kathal curry is ready to be served. Enjoy this delightful curry with rice or rotis.