- Find a quiet place to check your blood pressure.
- Make sure that you are comfortable and relaxed with a recently emptied bladder.
- Roll up the sleeve on your arm or remove any tight-sleeved clothing.
- Rest your forearm on the table with the palm of your hand facing up.
Taking your blood pressure at home is important to know if;
- your treatment is working,
- your high blood pressure is worsening,
- it is a good way to take part in management of your health
Instrument to measure blood pressure at home are widely available. You may take an aneroid monitor or a digital monitor. Consult your doctor for the instrument and learn how to use it.