Advantages of electronic blood pressure measuring devices
There are several advantages of using electronic blood pressure measuring devices like;
- Electronic blood pressure measuring devices are preferred to the BP instruments with mercury (as mercury is hazardous in nature).
- These instruments are fairly accurate for routine clinical use
- The instrument is relatively inexpensive.
- Stethoscope is not needed to hear when the Korotkoff sound starts and stops to determine the two readings (systolic and diastolic pressure). So you do not need training to hear the sound
- The possible human errors in blood pressure measurement is removed
After measuring the blood pressure you can check your readings against a blood pressure chart to know what the numbers mean. You can maintain a record as well. This can guide your doctor about your blood pressure control with your medications.