We all heard that drinking lemon water in the morning is very healthy, but few of us know the true benefits from it. Consuming lemon water on an empty stomach gives a ton of health benefits, because lemon juice contains a lot of antioxidants, potassium, flavonoids, vitamin C and B, and proteins. Also, the antiviral properties of lemon are improving our immune system, and the high levels of bioflavonoids are fighting with any kind of infections. Lemon water cleanses our body, maintains the pH levels in the body, and helps with digestive problems.Top 10 health benefits from drinking lemon water:
– It is known that lemon water improves the lymphatic system, which is associated with the immune system.
– This drink maintains healthy weight, and regulates the sugar levels in your blood. Thanks to Pectin, which is a compound found in lemon water, food cravings will be lowered, so you will eat less during the day.
– The lemon water metabolizes the acidic temperature of the body, and with that it is preventing all annoying breakouts.
Cold and Flu
– Antibacterial and antiviral properties of lemon improve your immune system, which makes it wonderful remedy against colds and flu.
– Many people forget about this amazing benefit from lemon. This fruit is rich with potassium, which increases the citrates in our urine, prevents the formation of oxalate, and flushes out all kidney stones.
– Lemon water is great for the digestive health, it will promotes regular bowel movements, and will help you to get rid of constipation.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
– Lemon water is perfect substitution for TUMS.
– If you drink lemon water while you are eating, you will reduce the pain caused by gall bladder stones.
– Exhaustion from fibromyalgia will be improved with the combination of yoga stretches and lemon water.
– Lemon water will help you to balance pH levels in the body. Unbalanced alkaline/acid levels are called Colitis.
If you think this is an interesting post, please SHARE!