The turmeric, which is also known as Indian saffron, is obtained from the roots of the plant Curcuma longa, which in its dark brown crust keeps the edible part with an intense, dark orange color.
Since it belongs to the ginger family, the fresh turmeric has an aromatic, hot, slightly bitter and resinous taste.
It contains active ingredients that have more than 150 healing effects on the body: the turmeric is an anti-inflammatory agent, an analgesic, antiseptic, it strengthens the immunity, it is a detoxicator, it regulates the metabolism, controls the weight, improves the memory, reduces the triglycerides, regulates the blood pressure.
However, its main gold advantage is that it is also anti-carcinogenic (scientifically proven)! Take advantage of the turmeric and drink a glass of golden milk, preferably before going to bed.
The turmeric powder is available during the entire year, and you will recognize it easily because it looks like the curry. After you buy it, you must keep it in a dark glass jar.
The recipe for “Golden Milk”
– 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric(हल्दी)
– 1 cup of almond milk (coconut milk is also a good option)
– 2 teaspoons of almond oil (or ground almonds)
– Raw Honey(शहद)
– Cinnamon (दालचीनी)
1. Cook the milk and add the turmeric and continue cooking it on low heat for 3-5 minutes.
2. When the milk cools off, add the almond oil and some cinnamon. You should drink it freshly prepared.
If you loved this recipe then please feel free to share by clicking one of the share button below.